Mold Remediation

Molds are small organisms that form and multiply when a sufficient amount of moisture presents itself. They can form in areas of high humidity, condensation and water. Mold usually grows in or around walls, ceilings and floors. This occurs when pipes are leaking causing large wet spots where mold and mildew can prosper and spread. Mold Remediation is needed to tackle the problem efficiently.

Health Concerns

If left untreated mold can affect the air quality your loved ones breathe in and lead to respiratory issues. Mold can cause allergic reactions such as asthma, eye, nasal and throat irritation. Some studies have show high thatIt is important to check for any signs of mold growth inside your home.

Signs of Mold

Mold and Mildew can often be seen on walls, carpets, ductwork around a/c units, refrigerator seals and bathroom tiles. Mold can appear as slimy or furry round spots with a discoloration. Mold has a distinct musty odor and indicates the first sign of a growing potential problem.

Mold Remediation

AAA Water Restoration provides the most professional mold removal and cleanup service in the Industry. We will thoroughly inspect your home of all mold and midew in the most efficient and cost effective manner possible. We are dedicated in providing high quality Mold Remediation.

Mold Frequently Asked Questions

What is mold?

Mold and mildew are fungi. Mold is a type of fungus that grows on plants and animals and is most often associated with damp, musty locations such as bathrooms, basements and attics. No one knows exactly how many species of fungi exist, but estimates range from 10,000 to 300,000 or more.

What causes mold?

The main causes of mold in homes include water leaks from windows, roofs, internal plumbing and flooding. It can also be caused by moisture including condensation from high relative humidity in the air. In addition, if the weather's been very humid or if it rains for several days it's common to see mold start to grow on household surfaces. If you live in an area where humidity in the air is naturally high, like by a large body of water, then mold growth in your home can be a recurring problem.

What are the signs of mold exposure?

Mold exposure causes an allergic reaction, similar hay fever or animal dander. Immediate symptoms may include running or stuffy nose, sneezing and eye irritations. Long term people may experience skin and eye infections, low fevers, headaches and asthma like symptoms. An individual's reaction to certain mold species will vary based on their immune system. A species of mold that makes one person sick may have no effect on another individual. Young children, the elderly and those with HIV, undergoing chemotherapy, transplant patients, severe diabetics etc… are at particularly high risk for adverse mold exposure risk.

Mold Taking Form

Are there reliable tests to indicate the presence of mold?

Almost all of us already have two effective mold detectors: our eyes and our noses. If black or green discoloration is noticed that is fuzzy in appearance and is in a location that is damp or had been damp, it is almost certainly mold. If a building smells musty, there probably is mold somewhere; the mold may be on boxes stored in a basement or in walls or in the crawl space. If you want to find mold, look for the presence of water or a location where water was likely to have been. If there is still any question about whether the black stuff is mold, have a reliable laboratory examine the material.

If mold is present, what's the best way to get rid of it?

The answer depends on how much mold is present and where it is located. The EPA recommends that a qualified contractor who does mold removal should do areas that are more than 10 square feet. Even in situations of areas less than 10 square feet or a "3 foot by 3 foot" area we recommend you have a professional mold test done to the building. Mold can spread rapidly inside walls, crawl spaces, and ceilings and inside your air ducts. It is also hard to tell how far the damage has reached.

Please wait...