Water Damage Restoration Services
One of our team members will perform a through inspection of the affected area to determine whether you have a claim. In some cases, water damage may be inside the ceiling, a wall, or underneath cabinets. For these situations, we will use a moisture meter to determine whether excess moisture is present and help determine the cause of loss to prevent the spread of damage
If your ceiling has collapsed due to water damage your home may be filled with debris like drywall and insulation. Our team will remove any debris from the affected area and help start to restore your home to its previous condition.
We may use several tools to remove water from your home. This can include industrial dehumidifiers, air scrubbers, and high-powered fans.
Dehumidifying and dry out
In most cases, we can dry out your home in 3-4 days. The number of devices will vary based on the square footage of your home and how many rooms are affected. In some cases where water is present behind a wall, we may place fans into a portion of the wall to dry it out. When the devices are removed from your home -- the water goes with it. Water will never be disposed of on your property.
Air and surface sanitizing
As we work to restore your home to its previous condition, we may use air scrubbers to clean and sanitize the air in the room. Pollutants in the water can create airborne mold which must be treated.
Restoration and repair
We will create a custom drying plan to restore your home and get it ready for any necessary repairs. The drying machines will stay at your home for 3-4 days and should remain on the entire time. When they're ready to be picked up, our team will come back, retake moisture readings, pack up the machines and leave. At this point, your home should be dry and ready for inspection.
Once you receive a payment from your insurance company you are free to make whatever repairs you would like to return your home to its previous condition.
Mold Remediation Services
Mold is found virtually everywhere - both indoors and outdoors and in both new and old structures. Mold spores spread through the air and are commonly transported by shoes, clothing, and other materials. When excess moisture is present inside your home, mold can grow.
If you notice any mold, leaks in your ceiling, water coming in through windows, or any other moisture in your home, call our service team. We will promptly:
- Remove visible moisture. We'll immediately and thoroughly soak up any spills on carpets or flooring (organic growth can begin within 24 hours!).
- Identify leaks. We'll address leaks and moisture that might accumulate on surfaces or that might get inside walls or ceilings can encourage mold growth.
- Remove and kill mold. We'll clean, kill, and remove all mold, using appropriate disinfectants depending on the type of mold and surface.
- Perform thorough testing. We will test for and remove any organic growth, then retest any surfaces to ensure all mold has been removed.
Fire Damage Restoration Services
Fire Damage Clean Up
Cleaning up your home or business after a fire is our top priority. We specialize in fire damage cleanup and restoration to help you get your space back to its pre-fire condition. Our team will remove debris, take care of any standing water, and deep clean walls, floors, and vents to remove soot and smoke build up. We'll also help get rid of the smoke smell so you can breathe easy knowing your air quality is safe.
Our Fire Clean Up Process
Dealing with fire damage and cleanup can be a stressful and overwhelming process, but we're here to help. The steps below outline our typical clean up process for most fire damage emergencies.
- Inspect: We will inspect your property to determine the extent of the damage
- Secure: Our team will board up any missing walls or windows and cover exposed roofs to prevent further damage
- Water Removal: We will remove any standing water and use a combination of dehumidifiers and air movers to fully dry out your property
- Smoke and Soot Removal: We'll get rid of smoke and soot from all surfaces in your home or business including floors, walls, ceilings, and air vents
- Clean and Sanitize: Once the water and smoke is taken care of, we will clean up your space and work to remove any lingering odors
- Restore: Our final step is to complete any necessary repairs to restore your property to its pre-fire condition
If you've experienced a fire, you don't have to take on the cleanup process alone. Our dedicated team of fire damage experts are here to guide you every step of the way. We can even help you file a fire damage insurance claim.
Water Damage Restoration Services in Southern Florida
Frequently Asked Questions about Water Restoration
How much does it cost to restore water damage?
A typical water damage service can range from $2,500 to $10,000. The final cost will depend on the size of the home and the areas affected. In most cases, your homeowner's insurance policy will cover the majority of these costs as well as pay you for the reconstruction.
Why is water damage restoration important?
Water intrusion, if left untreated, can be hazardous to your health and could cause significant and costly damage to your home. If you plan on filing a claim to recoup your losses -- the sooner the better.
If you discover a leak and wait to address it the insurance adjuster may determine that you knew about the problem and neglected to fix it. If this happens, your claim may be denied and you will have to pay for any restoration or repairs out of pocket.
If you file a claim and receive a payment from your insurance company but do not use the money to make necessary repairs any future damage must be paid for by you.
Failing to take care of water damage can also result in health issues for you and your family. Living in a home where mold or dirty water is present can reduce your body's ability to fight off infections and can make breathing difficult, especially for asthma sufferers. It's important to prioritize air quality and make every effort to reduce contaminants and pollutants in your home as soon as they are discovered. If the air is not professionally removed mold growth and pollutants will flourish.
Does my homeowner's insurance policy cover water damage?
The majority of water damage claims are covered by most insurance companies. In many cases, your insurance company will pay for a dry out as well as pay you for partial or full reconstruction.
It is your responsibility to maintain any appliances in your home that have the potential to leak. This includes sinks, toilets, water heaters, and other devices where water is present. If any of these appliances are the source of your leak and it's clear that normal upkeep has been neglected your claim will likely be denied.
What kind of water damage does insurance cover?
Homeowners insurance policies generally cover damage to the interior of your home caused by things like a toilet backup, supply line malfunction, burst pipe, water heater overflow, roof leak, or HVAC leak.
How can I identify water damage at my home?
Water damage is a problem for many homeowners and happens more often than you might think. Any kind of leak, no matter how big or small, can cause serious damage to your home and has the potential to worsen over time.
Here are a few things to look out for when checking for water damage:
- Dark or wet spot - Look for discoloration on the ceiling and or bubbling on the interior walls of your home. If there's a leak, it's usually pretty easy to spot.
- Cracking or flaking - Water damage may be present if the drywall or paint on your walls or ceiling look like they are starting to crack or flake.
- Pooling water - Ongoing drips, under a kitchen or bathroom sink, behind a toilet, or underneath your water heater can lead to pools of water. If a puddle returns after you've cleaned it up, you likely have a leak.
- Increase in water or A/C - If your water bill is suddenly more expensive than usual, this could be a sign of a hidden leak.
- Musty or moldy smell - Moisture has a very distinct smell, so it's hard to miss. If your home smells musty, chances are you have a mold or mildew problem. If you suspect that there has been water damage, it's best to address the problem right away.
Can a single water leak cause mold?
A single leak can cause significant mold growth within 48 hours. Undetected leaks, no matter how big or small, are a primary cause of moisture build up behind walls, ceilings, and floors. If a leak is not addressed quickly it can lead to a variety of potentially costly problems including the development of mold and mildew.
How can I tell if water has mold in it?
Most contaminated water will have a particularly sour smell, but there are several other signs a problem may be brewing. If you start to notice mold build up in your bathroom or kitchen or you start noticing dirt-like substances growing in one of these areas, you likely have mold growth that should be addressed as soon as possible.
Why AAA Water Restoration?
Hiring the right water restoration company after a flood can be a daunting task. Here are a few reasons why you can rest assured that you're in good hands when working with us!
- AAA Water Restoration is a family-owned, licensed, certified and bonded restoration company proudly serving the South Florida area since 2016.
- We are fully insured and specialize in both commercial and residential properties. We carry pollution liability, plus professional and general liability so you know you and your home are covered.
- We have over 14 years of experience in the industry. Our team is ready to help you with any emergency you may experience 365 days a year, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
- In most cases, the wet area needs to be dried within 3 to 5 days of the incident. Our team will provide you with a reliable, accurate estimate for Mold Testing and Damage Recovery Services. Our estimates are FREE including visual inspection so do not hesitate and call our specialist today.